Saturday 23 June 2012

Peanut Butter Cookies



There are several things I wanted to get done today but it is just one of those days where nothing seems to work out as planned.   So instead I decided to throw a batch of Peanut Butter Cookies in the oven and have a go at cleaning my stand mixer.  After all the kids where playing quietly (for a change) in the front room and my hubby decided to have an afternoon nap.  What else was there to do?  So I set to work.



Unbeknownst to me my son was being so quiet because he had decided to empty all the coal out of the fire place onto my white rug :(  We have now employeed a security guard for the fireplace and just hope the rug will come clean. 











Oh well, at least I have some yummy cookies to make me feel better.




My recipe for Peanut Butter cookies is a cinch to make and a real treat.  This is one my Mom taught me as a little girl and so simple you probably won't even need to write it down.

The ingredients

250g smooth Peanut Butter (get the good stuff, reduced fat won't work)
200g sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract

Directions

Mix it all together with a wooden spoon until blended.  Roll in the palm of your hand into balls and place on a cookie sheet (I personally love to use my Pampered Chef Baking Stone for cookies).  Press them down in a criss cross shape with a fork and bake at 180C for 10 - 15 minutes. I start checking them after 10 minutes.  Take them out when they start to go a bit golden.  The cookies will be very soft when you remove them from the oven.  Let cool completely before removing from the cookie sheet.

I hope you enjoy them!




No comments:

Post a Comment